Christopher Patrick Ford
Trial attorney Christopher Patrick Ford has obtained recoveries of one million dollars or more on 30 separate occasions including the following jury verdicts:
- $17,555,957.00 in a medical malpractice case for 33 year old man who suffered a stroke after open heart surgery.
- $5,267,581.31 in a medical malpractice case for a man who required an above-knee amputation due to the failure to diagnose appendicitis, leading to sepsis and arterial clot in the leg.
- $3,600,000.00 in a construction negligence case for a man who sustained an above-knee amputation in a tractor rollover.
- $6,000,000.00 against the City of Chicago for the death of a 25 year old graduate student killed in a police chase.
- $2,985,649.54 in a construction safety case for a night watchman who sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands and torso while using a fire barrel to stay warm.
- $3,079,000.00 verdict on behalf of a factory worker who lost his foot in a forklift rollover due to a product defect.
- $4,752,000.00 verdict in a medical malpractice case in conservative Kane County, Illinois on behalf of a 61 year old man who sustained paraplegia due to a hospital and physician's failure to diagnose a spinal infection.
- $2,970,000.00 verdict in a medical malpractice case in conservative DuPage County, Illinois for a couple whose biracial daughter died 19 days after birth due to an intestinal infection known as necrotizing enterocolitis.
Mr. Ford has also obtained many million dollar plus settlements for his clients, including:
- $4,500,000.00 medical malpractice case involving treatment of a tumor, resulting in an amputation of a woman’s arm.
- $4,375,000 for the death of a 42 year old father against an ice cream company for lack of truck maintenance resulting in a collision with the truck.
- $2,750,000.00 in an emergency room malpractice case involving the failure to diagnose a coronary artery dissection resulting in the death of a mother.
- $2.500, 000.00 in a product liability case involving vitamin supplements causing injuries to a child.
- $2,000,000.00 in meat grinder product liability case where a meat cutter had his hand amputated
- $1,850,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for a 74 year old man who had neck surgery to cure numbness in his hands, and became a incomplete quadriplegic due to a post-surgical infection.
- $1,800,000.00 settlement against a power company for the placement of high voltage electric line resulting in paraplegia.
- $1,500,000 for the death of a daughter in a motor vehicle collision.
- $1,500,000 for abdominal injuries due to excessive abdominal adhesion formation following an exploratory abdominal surgery.