Christopher Patrick Ford
Trial attorney Christopher Patrick Ford has obtained recoveries of one million dollars or more on 28 separate occasions including the following jury verdicts:
- $17,555,957.00 in a medical malpractice case for 33 year old man who suffered a stroke after open heart surgery.
- $5,267,581.31 in a medical malpractice case for a man who required an above-knee amputation due to the failure to diagnose appendicitis, leading to sepsis and arterial clot in the leg.
- $3,600,000.00 in a construction negligence case for a man who sustained an above-knee amputation in a tractor rollover.
- $6,000,000.00 against the City of Chicago for the death of a 25 year old graduate student killed in a police chase.
- $2,985,649.54 in a construction safety case for a night watchman who sustained 2nd and 3rd degree burns on his hands and torso while using a fire barrel to stay warm.
- $3,079,000.00 verdict on behalf of a factory worker who lost his foot in a forklift rollover due to a product defect.
- $4,752,000.00 verdict in a medical malpractice case in conservative Kane County, Illinois on behalf of a 61 year old man who sustained paraplegia due to a hospital and physician's failure to diagnose a spinal infection.
Mr. Ford has also obtained many million dollar plus settlements for his clients, including:
- $4,500,000.00 medical malpractice case involving treatment of a tumor, resulting in an amputation of a woman’s arm.
- $4,375,000 for the death of a 42 year old father against an ice cream company for lack of truck maintenance resulting in a collision with the truck.
- $2,750,000.00 in an emergency room malpractice case involving the failure to diagnose a coronary artery dissection resulting in the death of a mother.
- $2.500, 000.00 in a product liability case involving vitamin supplements causing injuries to a child.
- $2,000,000.00 in meat grinder product liability case where a meat cutter had his hand amputated
- $1,850,000.00 medical malpractice settlement for a 74 year old man who had neck surgery to cure numbness in his hands, and became a incomplete quadriplegic due to a post-surgical infection.
- $1,800,000.00 settlement against a power company for the placement of high voltage electric line resulting in paraplegia.
- $1,500,000 for the death of a daughter in a motor vehicle collision.
- $1,500,000 for abdominal injuries due to excessive abdominal adhesion formation following an exploratory abdominal surgery.